Access Statement For Lower Bryanston Farm Bed & Breakfast
Our home, a large Georgian farmhouse, is set in extensive grounds on the outskirts of Blandford Forum. The 4 letting rooms are spacious, peaceful and enjoy views of the farmland, horses and surrounding countryside from every window. Whilst our aim is to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. There are steps into the house and between rooms. We have no letting rooms on the ground floor so would not be suitable for wheelchair users.
• we are located 300 metres up a narrow country lane which leads to our farm. Our location is most ideally suited to those travelling by car.
• The nearest shops are less than a mile away.
• The nearest bus stop is less than a mile away. Buses do not run frequently, in the evenings or on Sundays.
• The nearest railway station is Poole (13 miles) or Dorchester (15 miles). Taxis can be booked in advance for journeys from the bus and train stations.
• There are several local taxi companies; we can give you numbers in advance or make bookings for you.
• Our website www.brylow.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
• You can contact us by telephone, text, e-mail or fax. Please refer to the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
• The rooms are available from 4 pm, but earlier arrival may be possible by prior arrangement.
• We have ample off-road parking, on a level gravel surface, in front of the house.
• We are happy to carry your luggage from the car to your room if requested.
• Please come to the front door and ring the bell when you arrive.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are two 6” steps up to the front door. There are two 1” lips from the first front door to the inner door.
• The hallway inside is level.
• Once inside, you are asked to register your details at the front desk.
• We provide you with a key for the bedroom and front door.
• We show you where breakfast is served and at what time, where you can sit and relax downstairs and then show you to your room.
• An opportunity for guests to ask questions is given at this point.
• There is a variety of brochures available for guests to look at and take in the reception area.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
• the hallway leads into the breakfast room/guest lounge. It is carpeted throughout.
• There are 17 steps leading up to the 1st floor. The staircase is carpeted, with a handrail on one side. It is a wide staircase.
• There are 2 steps down, with no handrail, before going up further steps to the attic bedroom and bathroom. There is a handrail to the left. This is a narrow staircase, with a low beam at the top.
• The public areas are always lit.
Public Areas – WC
• There is no toilet facility for guests on the ground floor.
Dining Room and Guest Lounge
• The guest lounge and dining room are in the same room
• Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time.
• The lounge has a sofa and comfy chair.
• The lounge is carpeted.
• There are 3 separate dining tables with chairs. These can be joined together if family groups are large.
• There are numerous books/maps and dvds for guests to use and enjoy whilst staying with us, located in this room.
• 3 bedrooms are on the first floor. There is one double room on the second floor.
• All bedrooms are carpeted. There are chairs in each room.
• There are en-suite facilities in two double rooms and a twin room.
• The third double room has its own private bathroom.
• Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are provided.
• A hairdryer is provided.
• Our beds are made using synthetic duvets. All pillows are synthetic.
• We are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred, or additional pillows. Please specify before your arrival if required.
• There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information you may find useful while staying with us, including taxi numbers, places to eat, and churches in the area.
• Bedroom 1 – Janice’s Room
• Located at the top of the stairs on the left.
• This is a large front room with a 5ft king size bed with access from both sides
• There is an en-suite shower
• Bedroom 2 – Rachael’s Room
• on from bedroom 1, down two steps, on the left.
• This room has a 4ft 6in double bed with access from both sides.
• This room has an en-suite bath, with shower attachment.
• Bedroom 3 – Hilary’s Room
• this room has 2 3ft single beds, with access from both sides
• this room has an en-suite bathroom. To access the bathroom there is a 10.5” step down.
• Bedroom 4 – Andrea’s Room
• this is on the second floor. There are 12 steps up to this bedroom. The staircase is quite narrow. This room has a 4ft 6in double bed.
• This room has a large private bathroom on the second floor.
Grounds and Gardens
• we have a very large garden with lawns, shrubs and flower beds.
• Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times
• Children are welcome to play ball in the garden.
• Children should be supervised in the garden at all times by a member of their party.
• Access to the garden is via the front door.
• There are seats in the garden for guests to use.
- We have a fire alarm system installed.
• There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and on the first floor landing.
• There are various ‘in the event of fire’ notices displayed, explaining what to do and where to go in the event of a fire.
• There is a bell on the landing which can be used by guests during the night to attract attention, in an emergency.
• There are fire exit signs clearly visible and emergency lights on the landings which come on should the power fail.
• There are smoke detectors in each bedroom on the first floor and on the landing.
• We do not permit smoking or vaping in the house, but you may smoke in the garden.
• We are happy to cater for special diets. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
• We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep a small amount of perishables in our fridge.
• Mobile phone reception at the house is generally ok but some networks are better than others.
• Dogs can stay in the car overnight if they are happy to do this and will not be distressed. They are not permitted in the house at any time but there is a bridle way through the farm to exercise them.
- Address: Lower Bryanston Farm, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 0LS
• Telephone: 01258 452009 Mobile: 07794200582
• Fax: 01258 452009
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.brylow.co.uk
• Hours of operation: We are open all year except for Christmas and New Year, and the occasional day off
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please email us
Created on: 26/04/19